Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Posts Tagged ‘Densonville’

The following list was transcribed from Cemeteries of Williamson County Volume I, pages 95-97.

Page 95

LIST OF NAMES OF PERSONS BURIED IN THE DENSON CEMETERY
(Compiled by Mary Ellen and H. E. “Dick” Lindsey, May 21, 1972)

Thomas Clinton Denson
b. 2 February 1898
d. 1 January 1926

Double Stone:
Father
Thomas J. Denson
b. 7 April 1848
d. 17 October 1916
(Member of Odd Fellows)
Mother
Sallie A. Denson
b. 21 April 1856
d. 20 June 1928

John Bunyan Denson
Texas
Private 40th Balloon Co. AS
World War I
b. 18 Nov. 1892
d. 31 December 1951

Mrs. E. C. James
b. 11 Feb. 1847
d. 20 Sept. 1902

A. J. James
Company E
10 Missouri Inf.
Confederate States of America

Ora Bernice wife of
B. M. Speegle
b. 29 Dec. 1887
d. 13 July, 1910

Dr. J. A. Denson
b. 30 June 1830
d. 9 Aug. 1890

Beulah Denson
b. 23 Nov. 1869
d. 5 Feb. 1901

Children of J. A. and Martha Denson
Almedia
b. 6 Oct. 1874
d. 14 March 1879
Albert S. J.
b. 16 May 1867
d. 4 August 1869

Dr. T. H. Denson
b. 6 July 1875
d. 2 Sept. 1904
Camp No. 18, Woodmen of the World

(Inside a separate fenced-in area):

Mae Lynn daug. of W. M. & Q. O. Messer
b. 18 Mar. 1903
d. 8 Sept. 1908

Belle wife of John Thomas Daniel
b. 25 Jan 1857
d. 23 May 1898
(Mother)

John Thomas Daniel
b. 20 May 1849
d. 19 Jan 1901

Edward N. Goode
b. 16 May 1823
d. 26 June 1881
Age 53 yrs. 1 mo. & 10 days
(Masonic Emblem on Stone)

Page 96

Double Stone:
Husband
J. C. Denson
b. 22 Mar. 1802
d. 19 Nov. 1870
(Masonic Emblem on Stone)
Wife
Elizabeth Denson
b. 28 Aug. 1816
d. 14 Oct. 1901

T. Ben Denson
b. 1879 – d. 1929

Double Stone:
Denson
Carrie Bostick
1858 – 1922
Benjamin Franklin
1853 – 1925

David C. Denson
1894 – 1913

Kittie Denson
1890 – 1908

Double Stone:
Hawkins
Mother
D. A. Hawkins
b. 6 Oct 1846
d. 8 June 1896
Father
J. B. Hawkins
b. 23 Apr. 1843
d. 28 July 1890

Note: Inside an Iron Fence there is another stone for
J. B. Hawkins – inscribed as above.

In memory of _______conia daug. of J. B. and
D. A. Hawkins b. 14 Aug. 1870 – d. 17 Aug. 1873
Note: Unable to read the full name.

Rubin R. Teer
b. 25 Mar 1871
d. 1 June 1871

Mary Adline
daug. of J. T. & M. A. Teer
b. 24 Nov. 1875
d. 2 Dec. 1875

Josie daug. of Henry & Maggie Overby
b. 9 Nov. 1884
d. 18 Oct. 1886

Henry Overby
b. 28 Mar. 1852
d. 28 Nov. 1888

Maggie Ann wife of Henry Overby
b. 23 Mar. 1855
d. 31 May 1912

Andy Grinstead
b. 9 June 1843
d. 28 June 1894

Lewis son of
H. L. & L. B. Partlow
b. 21 June 1897
d. 19 Oct. 1898

Mrs. M. S. Standlee
b. 11 Mar. 1828
d. 5 Apr. 1872

Minnie Blanche daug. of
Alfred F. & Fannie U Rogers
b. 27 June 1884
d. 2 mos. & 26 days

J. L. Watson
d. 14 Sept 1912
(no birth date recorded)

Memory of M. L. Daug of M. F. &
S. C Hawkins
(broken stone – unable to read dates)

Note: There are numerous markers of native stone with
no dates or names. Also, two or three vault-type
markers with no dates or names, made of native
stone.

Page 97

The Denson Cemetery is located on the Alfonse Stojanik farm,
Rt. 1, Bartlett, Texas. To reach the farm, go north of Granger
on State Highway No. 95 approximately three miles; turn left
on F. M. Road No. 972; approx. three miles cross a concrete
bridge (to the left of this bridge are the remains of an old
steel bridge); about 1/4 mile past the bridge take the first
turn to left and go about 1/4 mile on gravel road; take the
first left turn at the first house on the left (the house has
a roof that is 1/2 green and 1/2 blue) – to to first house on
that lane to the home of Alfonse Stojonik.

Advertisements

Read Full Post »